The Complete Guide to Training, Care, Understanding, Personality and Characteristics of German Shepherd Dog can checked form this article.
now, we talking about dogs, they have been man’s best friend since ancient times. They have the ability to show humans unconditional love. They are loyal to their masters and always care about them the most.
Background and History of German Shepherd Dog
There are various breeds of dogs, having different characteristics. German shepherd is one of those breeds of dogs.
As the name suggests, German shepherd is a German breed which was developed by Max von Stephantiz using various traditional German herding dogs from 1899.
Generally, German shepherd is considered one of the finest breeds of dogs.
Read Also : Animal and Pet
Behavioural Traits and Physical Characteristics Of German Shepherds dog
- German shepherds along with being large and muscular, are loyal, confident, courageous and steady, and have high intelligence.
- Talking about their physical characteristics, they are up-to 55 to 65 centimetres tall and weigh around 22 to 40 kilograms.
- Generally, their life span is between 9 to 13 years.
- They have a domed forehead, a black nose and a long square-cut muzzle with strong jaws.
- Their eyes are brown and medium sized.
- Their ears are large and stand erect.
- The long neck of a German shepherd is elevated during excitement and dropped during quick movement and stalking.
- The bushy tail is long and extends to the hock.
- German shepherds have a compact, dense double coat with a thick undercoat. There are two acceptable lengths for the coat: medium and long.
- The long haired version of German shepherds is more uncommon because the gene for long hair is recessive. They are mostly either tan/black or red/black in colour.
- Black masks and body markings, which can be anything from traditional “saddle” to an all-over “blanket”, are present on the majority of colour variants. Sable, pure- black, pure-white, liver, silver, blue, and panda colour variants are some of the rare variations. Most standards consider the all-black and sable types to be acceptable; however, the blue and liver are thought to be major flaws.
As mentioned earlier :-
- German shepherds are considered one of the most intelligent breeds.
- German shepherds are fast learners and this is why they were selected by the Germans as the ideal breed for police work. They are called “police dogs”.
- German shepherds are described in breed standards as being confident canines who are somewhat energetic.
- The breed is characterised by a drive to learn and a want to have a purpose. They are hesitant to become acquaintances with total strangers right away.
- German shepherds are very protective of their owners.
- So all the animals-no matter what breed-are an important part of human lives. The human race will not be able to survive without animals.
Read Other Article Also
REET Mains Exam Date : कब होगी मुख्य परीक्षा? जानिए सटीक जानकारी |
2 thoughts on “German Shepherd Dog: The Complete Guide to Training, Care, Understanding, Personality and Characteristics”
Well written…Best wishes for future writeups…