Find out who holds the record for the fastest century in T20 cricket. Learn about the top players and their blazing innings. Check out our comprehensive list now.
Fastest T20 Cricket Century
There are many records that are made in T20 cricket, here we are going to share the names of players who registered themselves as the fastest century holders in T20 cricket
fastest century In International T20 matches
- David Miller
- South African middle order batsman David Miller who is also called as killer miller for his insane hard-hitting stroke hits the fastest century against Bangladesh in 2017 at Potchefstroom.
- He took 35 balls to reach this. He was dropped on 0 runs which cost Bangladesh this devil to stroke 100 runs in only 35 balls.
- Rohit Sharma
- Following the same year(2017) Rohit Sharma who is an opener batsman for the Indian cricket team scored 100 runs in 35 balls, equaling himself with the South African batsman David Miller.
- He made this record while playing against Sri Lanka at Indore.
- Sudesh Wickramasekara
- Sudesh Wickramasekara is a right-handed batsman who plays for Czech Republic also listed himself on the list of the fastest one to score 100 in T20 when he scored 100 in 35 balls against Turkey at Ilfov Country in 2019.
- Sivakumar Periyalwar
- Sivakumar Periyalwar is a Romanian batsman who plays for Romania cricket team reached this milestone with the help of 39 balls against Turkey at Ilfov Country in 2019.
- Zeeshan Khan Kukihel
- This right-handed batsman scored 100 and made his name appear on the list of the fastest players to hit 100 in T20 in just 39 balls, which was scored against Austria at Lower Austria in 2022.
fastest century In Domestic T20 matches
- Chris Gayle
- Chris Gayle commonly known as the universe boss scored a blistering century against Pune in the 2013th IPL League.
- He faced 30 balls to reach 100.
- Gayle scored an overall run of 175 off just 66 balls where he slammed 17 sixes and 13 fours at a strike rate of over 266.
- Chris Gayle’s unbeaten knock of 175 still remains the unbeaten individual score in T20 cricket and also as the fastest century in T20 cricket.
- Rishabh Pant
- Rishabh Pant is the only Indian batsman in the list of the fastest player to score 100 in T20 cricket.
- He made his 100 in just 32 balls against Himachal Pradesh while opening for his team Delhi in the 2018 Syed Mushtaq Ali match.
- Dewald Brevis
- Dewald Brevis is a South African batsman, who got his title Baby AB de Villiers after playing a fantastic season in the Indian Premier League.
- He became the fastest one to score 100 in T20 when he hit 100 in just 35 balls against Knights in 2022.
About T20 Cricket
T20 cricket which is also known as twenty 20 cricket is the most competitive and shortest game of all the formats of cricket.
T20 game is played within a short period of time, 20 overs are given to a team to bat or ball. Which means the total match will be covered by 40 overs within two and a half hours, where each inning will be of 70 minutes with an official 10-minute break between the innings.
As these kinds of matches are played in a compact atmosphere sometimes it becomes a difficult job for cricketers to perform consistently, and likely a situation comes when it is out of the box, which grabs the attention of cricket fans and makes T20 games more popular of all the formats.
Read Also Other Article :