AIBE 18 2024: The All India Bar Examination XVIII (AIBE 18) Notification has been officially released by the Bar Council of India. Law graduates must take this exam to be able to practice law in India. The AIBE 18 registration process starts on 16th August and ends on 30th September 2023. Interested and eligible candidates can fill out the application form on AIBE’s official website at allindiabarexamination.com. The Bar Council of India (BCI) holds the All-India Bar Examination every year in September or October, and this year’s exam is scheduled for October 29th, 2023. The exam will be held in offline mode in various exam centers across the country. In this article, aspirants can check out all the detailed information about AIBE 18 2024 including exam dates, notification, application process, eligibility, fees, exam pattern, syllabus, and other details.
The Bar Council of India administers the All India Bar Examination (AIBE), a national-level examination for law graduates who want to practice law. It is carried out by the BCI by the Advocates Act 1961, for the “admission of persons to be advocates and to further regulate the entry and overall conduct of Advocates in the profession by laying down standards of professional conduct and etiquettes for advocates.” The candidate will be awarded a certificate of practice, allowing them to represent themselves in any Indian court.
The exam is conducted in 53 cities across India in both national and regional languages. The AIBE question paper is based on core legal subjects such as Constitutional Law, IPC, CrPC, IEA, PIL, Administration, leading Supreme Court decisions, professional ethics, and so on. Candidates who pass the examination and meet the minimum requirements are awarded a ‘Certificate of Practice,’ which allows them to continue practicing law in courts.
AIBE 2024 Overview
|AIBE 18 Particulars
|All India Bar Examination (AIBE)
|Bar Council of India (BCI)
|The AIBE is a certification exam to earn the Certificate of Practice (COP) The COP is mandatory for practicising law in India.
|Mode of exam
|The question paper will include 100 objective-type questions.
AIBE 18 Exam Dates 2024
Along with the notification, AIBE has released the AIBE 18 2024 exam date. Candidates can apply for the AIBE 18 exam between August 16 and September 30, 2023. Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam will receive their admit cards around 20 October 2023 for the exam, which will be held on 29 October 2023. The table below contains the most important dates for the AIBE 18 exam.
|AIBE 18 2024 Events
|AIBE 18 2024 Application form release Date
|16 August 2023
|Last date to apply for AIBE 18 exam
|30 September 2023
|Last date of payments through online mode
|30 September 2023
|Online link activation date for correction of forms
|10 October 2023
|AIBE 18 admit card release date
|20 October 2023
|AIBE 18 2023-24 exam date
|29 October 2023
|AIBE 18 2024 result
|To be notified
AIBE 18 Application Form 2024
The online application form for the upcoming AIBE 18 was released by the Bar Council of India (BCI) on 16 August 2023. To apply for the AIBE 18 exam, candidates will have to visit the council’s official website –allindiabarexamination.com. Candidates must be aware that the only way to apply for AIBE 18 is through an online application form.
How to Apply?
The applicants who want to appear for the examination need to register themselves followed by uploading documents, fee payment, and form submission. Students are advised to carefully read the Bar Council of India Guidelines available on the portal before filling out the form. To apply for the AIBE XVIII (18) 2024 exam, candidates need to follow the application process outlined by the Bar Council of India. Here are the steps to complete the application:
- Visit the AIBE (All India Bar Examination) official website at http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/.
- Click on the “Registration Link AIBE XVIII” tab after navigating to the bottom of the homepage.
- Create a new account by registering with your valid email address and mobile number.
- Log in with the credentials you received during registration.
- Fill out the application form completely, providing accurate personal, educational, and contact information.
- Upload scanned copies of required documents, such as passport-sized photographs, educational certificates, signatures, and any other specified documents.
- Pay the application fee using one of the accepted payment methods, including credit/debit cards, net banking, or any other means of payment that may be required.
- Before submitting the application form, carefully go over all the information provided.
- Download and print the confirmation page for your records after submitting the form.
- Keep an eye out for updates on the official website. Download and print the admit card once it is available.
- Take advantage of the time to study for the AIBE XVIII (18) 2024 exam, which will assess your legal knowledge and skills.
AIBE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Students are advised to review the AIBE 2024 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the online application form. If a student does not meet the eligibility requirements, their application will be rejected and their candidature will be canceled. The Bar Council of India defines the AIBE eligibility criteria as follows:
- Nationality: Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed a five-year or three-year LLB degree from a law institution recognized by BCI.
- Age Limit: There is no minimum age requirement for candidates wishing to apply for the AIBE 18 2024 exam.
- Enrolment with State Bar Council: Candidates need to be enrolled in the State Bar Council and obtain an advocate enrolment card from the council.
AIBE 2024 Application fee
To apply for AIBE 18 2024, candidates must pay the application fee through any online payment method. Candidates filling out AIBE XVIII (18) application forms must pay the fees listed below for their respective categories:
AIBE 18 Exam Pattern 2024
The AIBE exam is conducted offline and consists of 100 objective-type questions. The exam has no negative marking. According to the AIBE exam pattern released by the council, candidates are permitted to bring bare acts without notes. Check out the table below for more information on the AIBE XVIII (18) exam pattern.
|Mode of Examination
|Type of Examination
|Duration of Examination
|3 hours 30 minutes
|Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|Total Number of Questions
AIBE 18 Syllabus 2024
The syllabus for the AIBE exam has been prescribed by the Bar Council of India. AIBE XVIII (18) 2024 has 19 Law topics/subjects on its syllabus. These are common LLB Law subjects (5-year LLB and 3-year LLB programs). The exam contains only multiple-choice questions. Check out the AIBE syllabus in the table below.
|No of Questions
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)
|Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)
|C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
|Public Interest Litigation
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
|Labour and Industrial Laws
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law
|Law related to Taxation
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act
|Land Acquisition Act
|Intellectual Property Laws
AIBE 18 Admit Card
The admit cards for AIBE 18 will be released by the officials on 20 October 2023 on its official website. Candidates will be able to get their AIBE admit card online. The admit card will be available for download from the website via a link. The AIBE admit card will include the candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, and signature, among other things. It will also include exam information such as the date, time, location, reporting time, and exam day instructions. Candidates must strictly follow the information on their admit card and take the AIBE exam accordingly. If there is a discrepancy in their hall tickets, students must contact the authority before the exam date.
Preparation Tips For AIBE 18 Exam
To succeed in the AIBE XVIII (18) 2024 exam, candidates should consider these preparation tips:
- Gain a complete understanding of the exam format and syllabus.
- Dedicate time to each subject and make a schedule for studying.
- For a better understanding, consult recommended books and study materials.
- To familiarise yourself with the exam format, solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers.
- Take online mock tests to gauge your level of preparation.
- Concentrate on your weak points and revise frequently.
- Keep up to date on current legal issues and recent court decisions.
- For additional guidance, enroll in coaching classes or online courses.
- During the exam, practice time management.
If you are preparing for the AIBE 18 examination, we hope this article will help you understand the examination pattern, syllabus, and important dates. Candidates must prepare thoroughly for the exam to complete the syllabus on time and score well in the exam. Candidates are also advised to visit the BCI official website regularly to stay up to date on all the latest updates. Best wishes!
The AIBE XVIII (18) 2024 exam is scheduled for October 29, 2023.
The online registration process for AIBE 18 will begin on August 16, 2023, and the last date for application submission is September 30, 2023.
To register for the AIBE 2024, candidates can visit the Bar Council of India’s official website and fill out a registration form.
Candidates must have completed their law degree from a recognized institution and be enrolled with their respective State Bar Councils to be eligible for AIBE Registration 2024.
According to Bar Council of India regulations, students who received their LL.B. (Legum Baccalaureus) degree after 2010 is now required to pass the All India Bar Examination to practice law in India. The state bar councils also ensure that all enrolled lawyers take and pass the All India Bar Examination.