The new IOS 17 is released on 18 September, here are some best features that you should know. Apple’s new OS is finally here and it will be big changes on iPhones and iPads. There are some interesting updates for the Lock Screen and Messages and now it will be easier for the devices to connect better in the ecosystem. Also, some cool features like StandBy mode, NameDrop, and a new Messages app are introduced.
iOS 17 is a big tech revolution for Apple fans as millions of devices are getting this new update. One most loved features is the StandBy Mode which turns the iPhone into a super handy tool and all important info and notifications are easy to access from there. Also, NameDrop makes it simpler to share contact info between Apple devices. Let us check more cool options that the company has introduced, we have checked all the details after a long research.
Here are the IOS 17 New Features
- iOS 17 introduces StandBy mode, activated when your iPhone is in a landscape orientation and connected to a charging source (MagSafe, Qi, or Lightning charger).
- In StandBy mode, your iPhone serves as an information hub, displaying the time, calendar, and favourite photos through the Memories feature, incoming notifications, music playback controls, Siri responses with rich visuals, weather updates, and more.
- Users can customize the appearance of StandBy mode by selecting different clock styles, choosing specific photos to display, and selecting widgets to appear on the StandBy screen.
- Widgets on both the Lock Screen and Home Screen are now interactive, allowing users to perform actions directly without opening the respective apps.
- For example, in the Reminders widget, you can check off tasks without launching the Reminders app, or you can control smart lights through the Home widget.
- This feature is not limited to Apple apps, as developers can also create interactive widgets for third-party applications.
Autocorrect and Predictions Added:
- iOS 17 improves the autocorrect feature with updated machine learning technology, resulting in more accurate predictions.
- Autocorrect now provides grammar suggestions in addition to spelling corrections.
- Users can take advantage of inline predictions by tapping on the spacebar to finish words or even entire sentences without manually selecting suggestions.
- NameDrop is a new AirDrop feature that enables users to share their contact information by holding their iPhone near someone else’s iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Users can choose specific phone numbers and email addresses to share and send their Contact Poster.
- Additionally, NameDrop facilitates proximity sharing, Internet transfers (ideal for larger files), and SharePlay initiation for shared media experiences.
Messages App Redesign:
- The Messages app undergoes a redesign, offering a cleaner and more organized interface.
- The Check-In safety feature allows users to inform friends and family about their whereabouts, with automatic notifications sent upon arrival or if progress is halted during the journey.
- The Stickers experience is revamped, consolidating emoji, stickers from the App Store, usercreated stickers, and Memoji into one convenient location.
- Users can create and save their own stickers using the Remove Subject From Background feature introduced in iOS 16.
- Users can leave video or audio messages for missed FaceTime calls, similar to voicemail for phone calls, with support for Portrait mode and Studio Light.
- FaceTime reactions bring 3D augmented reality effects to video calls, with gestures for hearts, confetti, fireworks, and more.
- Continuity Camera for FaceTime allows users to start a call on their iPhone and hand it off to an Apple TV, using their iPhone as a camera while the FaceTime interface displays on the Apple TV.
Also Read – Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale Iphone Offers
Journal App (Upcoming):
- Later this year, Apple plans to introduce a Journal app that enables users to record daily thoughts and activities.
- The Journal app integrates data from the user’s iPhone, such as photos, music listening history, workouts, and more, offering suggestions for topics to write about.
- Entries in the Journal app can feature integrated photos, music, audio recordings, and highlighted moments.
Safari and Passwords:
- Safari supports profiles, allowing users to maintain separate histories, extensions, cookies, favourites, and Tab Groups for different activities, such as work and personal use.
- iCloud Keychain now supports password sharing with friends and family members, facilitating the management of shared passwords.
- iOS 17 automatically removes tracking parameters from URLs in Safari, Messages, and Mail to prevent cross website tracking.
Maps Offline Mode:
- Maps can now be downloaded for offline use, allowing users to explore specific areas without a cellular connection.
- Downloaded maps retain essential information like business hours, and ratings, and enable turn-by-turn navigation even offline.
- Real-time charging station availability information is available for electric vehicle owners, and preferred charging stations can be selected.
Photos App Updates:
The Photos app can now recognize different pets, enabling users to create a dedicated Pets and People album. Visual Look Up extends to food, allowing users to identify dishes in photos and search for similar recipes. Users can also remove subjects from photos and directly look up information from the Photos app interface.
Adaptive Audio for AirPods Pro 2 combines Active Noise Cancellation with Transparency, offering more awareness of your surroundings while reducing unwanted noise. Conversation Awareness lowers music volume when someone is speaking to you, ensuring you can hear them clearly. Personalized Volume adjusts sound to your preferences for a more customized listening experience. Automatic Switching between devices is faster and more reliable. Muting and unmuting sound can now be done by holding the AirPods stem.
Home App Updates:
The Home app now provides a 30 day activity history for various smart home devices, including door locks, garage doors, contact sensors, and alarm systems. PIN codes and tap to unlock functionality are compatible with Matter based smart locks.
Fitness App Enhancements:
The Fitness app now allows users to view highlights of friends’ workout activities, promoting a sense of community. Users can create custom workout and meditation schedules with Apple Fitness+ Custom Plans. Freeform drawing tools like a watercolour brush, highlighter, and ruler have been added for enhanced creativity.
Personal Voice enables users at risk of losing their ability to speak to create a voice that sounds like theirs. Live Speech accessibility feature lets typed words be spoken in person, on the phone, or during FaceTime calls. Point and Speak reads text on physical objects to aid those with low vision or blindness.
Lock Screen Updates:
Further improvements have been made to the Lock Screen to enhance its functionality.
Apple News Enhancements:
Apple News subscribers can now access daily crossword puzzles and listen to Apple News+ Audio Stories directly in the Podcasts app.
Health App Additions:
The Health app introduces new mental health features, including mood tracking and factors influencing mood. Critical medication reminders can be set for critical medications. Screen Distance is introduced for monitoring screen usage, particularly for children, to prevent myopia.
The Mail app now supports automatic filling of verification codes, similar to Messages, streamlining the verification process for secure logins.
Apple Music Collaborative Playlists (Upcoming):
Later this year, the Music app will support collaborative playlists, enabling friends and family to contribute to, reorder, and remove songs from a shared playlist.
Weather App Updates:
The Weather app features a moon module, displaying moon-related information such as moonrise and moonset times, moon calendar, and the time until the next full moon. Other updates include interface improvements, displaying yesterday’s weather in the 10-day forecast, and additional information in forecasts.
Reminders and Notes:
Reminders app introduces automatic categorization of grocery lists, organizing items into categories for easier shopping. The notes app now supports interlinking, allowing users to link one note to another for better organization and navigation.
Find My and AirTags Sharing:
AirTags and Find My network accessories can be shared with up to five people, allowing family members to collaborate in tracking and locating items.