On Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET, the Powerball drawing is streamed live on the lottery website. Additionally, the link provided below allows you to view the live Powerball drawing. The drawing could also be aired on a local television station in your area.
Where can I buy Powerball tickets?
Powerball Lottery tickets are widely available at supermarkets, gas stations, and convenience stores in 45 states plus Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Online purchasing of Powerball tickets is okay in some states but beware of scam websites. Before purchasing tickets online, contact your state lottery for more information on online sales. Additionally, you are not required to be a citizen of the United States or a resident of a specific state to buy a ticket.
How to Play Powerball?
You can play Powerball as follows:
- Select five main numbers from 1 to 69.
- Select a Powerball number from 1 to 26.
- Choose whether or not to include Power Play, which allows you the chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
- Choose whether to include Double Play (available for select lotteries only) for a second chance to match your numbers in a separate draw with prizes of up to $10 million.
- Purchase your tickets before the deadline in your state, or online. This varies from 6:45 p.m. PST in Washington to 10 p.m. ET in New York and Florida. Players in Puerto Rico can play until 10:59 p.m. when the clocks advance an hour in the winter.
- After you’ve played your Powerball tickets, simply wait for the drawing, which takes place at 10:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights in Tallahassee, Florida, and check the Winning Numbers page soon after to see if you’re eligible for a prize.