- About AWBI
- Policy, Act & Rules
- Act & Rules
- PCA (Slaughter House) Amendment Rules, 2010
- ABC Revised Rules, 2010
- Draft Aquarium Fish Breeding Rules 2010
- Draft Dog Breeding Rules 2010
- Revised Draft Pet Shop Rules, 2010
- Transport of Animals (Amendment) Rules, 2009
- Draft Animal Welfare Act, 2011
- Notification regarding ban on use of animals-11-7-2011
- Notification - 9-2-2011
- Roles & Functions
- Related Links
- Contact Us
How to apply for Shelter House Grant
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Required documents under the Scheme for Provision of Shelter House for Looking after the Animals
- Application in prescribed proforma (copy enclosed)
- Details of Beneficiaries – Facilities available with the AWO.
- Details of Staff Employed.
- Detailed proposal and its justification for construction of the shelter house;
- Authenticated copy of the Registration Certificate in respect of the organization (certified by the Registrar);
- A copy of the Memorandum of Association;
- Blue Print of construction plan duly approved by the local authorities (Municipal Corporation/Municipality/Gram Panchayat) with survey number, Village, Tehsil and District of site address.
- Lease/gift/sale deed should be registered by the Registrar. Lease deed should be for a period of minimum 30 years;
- Attested copy of Revenue Record of land showing its title in the name of organization from the Tahsildar.
- A certificate from the concerned Registrar/Sub Registrar along with documentary proof that the land on which shelter house is proposed to be constructed is in the name of the organization and without any encumbrances;
- The estimate showing the amount of financial assistance required for construction of shelter house in relevant break-ups worked out and authenticated by an approved valuer;
- A certificate from the State Government Approved Valuer to the effect that the rates quoted for the construction of the proposed Shelter House are not more than prevailing PWD/CPWD rates;
- List of governing body;
- Latest audited statement of accounts duly certified by the Chartered Accountant, in respect of the organization for the last financial year, in the under mentioned parts:-
- (i) Balance Sheet (ii) Income & Expenditure Statement (iii) Receipt & Payment Statement and (iv) Audit Report;
- Details of Animal Welfare activities performed so far and expenditure incurred for this purpose;
- Details of financial resources to run the proposed shelter house smoothly and area to be covered for rescue of animals;
- Details as to whether the organization has ever received any grant-in-aid from the Ministry or AWBI and if so, please indicate whether the Utilisation Certificate of that grant has been submitted or not;
- Quotation in support of cost of medicines/medical equipments required;
- Details of existing covered/constructed area, its capacity and proposed to be covered;
- Copy of Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement entered into with concerned local bodies (i.e. Municipal Corporation, Panchayat etc.) to the effect that the organization will accept stray animals from them to the extent of sheltering capacity for which the grant is sought;
- Recognition form for getting recognition from the Board, if not recognized so far (copy enclosed).
- All original documents in regional language should be furnished with an attested translated version in English/Hindi by the Notary Public.