- About AWBI
- Policy, Act & Rules
- Act & Rules
- PCA (Slaughter House) Amendment Rules, 2010
- Draft Aquarium Fish Breeding Rules 2010
- Draft Dog Breeding Rules 2010
- Revised Draft Pet Shop Rules, 2010
- Transport of Animals (Amendment) Rules, 2009
- Draft Animal Welfare Act, 2011
- Notification regarding ban on use of animals-11-7-2011
- ABC (Dogs) Amendment Rules 2010
- Roles & Functions
- Related Links
- Contact Us
The Animal Welfare Board of India is a statutory advisory body on Animal Welfare Laws and promotes animal welfare in the country. Established in 1962 under Section 4 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 (No. 59 of 1960), the Animal Welfare Board of India was started under the stewardship of Late Smt. Rukmini Devi Arundale, well known humanitarian. From ensuring that animal welfare laws in the country are diligently followed, to provide grants to Animal Welfare Organizations and advising the Government of India on animal welfare issues, the Board has been the face of the animal welfare movement in the country for the last 50 years.
The Board consists of 28 Members. The term of office of Members is for a period of 3 years.